Monday, January 3, 2011

Today my diet begins! My very own Cinderella pact!

OK, so lets break it down! I have 6 kids, which for me means 5 pregnancies. My kids have been for the most part around 2 years apart.... my kiddos now are 12, 8, almost 7, 4 and twins who are 21 months old! So for the past 8 years I have been pregnant, becoming pregnant or nursing. I have lived by the philosophy that I would not worry too much about the baby weight I had gained, cause I new I would be having another baby very soon. Total excuse I know! Now that my family is complete and I have weaned my youngest ones.... its time for me to get my body back! NO EXCUSES!!
With 6 kids, you do not spend a lot of time in front of a mirror ( at least I do not), I have berried myself in raising my family and being a good Mom and a good wife. Not really focusing on myself. And well lets face it, eating no so healthy it quick, easy and cheaper. I'm one of those Moms, that watches what her kids eat and drink, but with myself it is a whole different story. At least it has been, till now. I am making the change! For me!
I am not setting a "goal" weight, I know I will never look like I did before I had kids, but that is not important to me. I want to like going out and buying clothes for myself again! I want to feel great when I put on a dress! I want to wear heels again! ( not all the time, I do love my mommy comfy look too) :) I want to not be tired all the time. I want to be able to keep up with my kids and not get out of breath! I think I can do it!
Staring this blog, makes it real for me. I am also hoping to get the support and encouragement I need to make this change in my life! I figure if I make myself write about it, then I will be less likely to not stick to it!

Here we go, time to get my body back!

* Day one exercises and cutting way back on the soda, here I come! * Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. It's hard but you can do it! Good luck, I'm right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... proud that you are doing this Jenn! I know how hard it is to lose weight, I've done it many times. Especially if you have to kick the "soda" habit. Done that many times too, always going back. NASTY HABIT!!! Good Luck on your journey, I know that you will do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! I'm right there with you, this year is the year to think about me alittle more. We should share recipes and exercise ideas.......... You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you'll do GREAT! and the better you start feeling about yourself will make you and even happier mom (I know you're already happy). I've started myself so maybe we can figure out how to encourage each other! You are great at everything you do, this will be no different! YOU GO GIRL!!!!

    ReplyDelete