Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Diet day 2!

Diet day 2!

Well yesterday went well, sort of! I ate a good breakfast, snacked on a apple and ate a small lunch. After lunch I was going to try my new Zumba for the WII, I was excited to give it a try... babies and 4 year old were down for a nap.... well the WII would not read the discs! :( Boo! I am hoping Hubby will be able to fix it today. I need to get a treadmill! We had lasagna for dinner which is not very health y but my 12 year old has been asking for it for weeks! But I skipped the bread, and had a small portion. I also did not go back for seconds! YA me! It was so good and I really wanted seconds. I have a love affair with food, for sure! I love it! The kids had brownies for dessert, I had 1/2 of one! I drank one can of soda, other than that I had water all day...... This is way better than I used to be. I would say on a good day before I would drink 4 to 5 sodas a day! Crazy I know! ...... Though I have to say, besides the MAJOR headache I had all day and night ( I would say from lack of caffeine) It will get better.

So day 1 no exercise!

I do need to will myself to get on the scale and weigh myself, right! I mean if your trying to lose weight than you should know were you are starting from. Scary thought! I am not a big fan of scales. Come to think of it, I have not been on one since I was 6 weeks postpartum from having the twins, and I only did it then cause the nurse at the Dr.'s office made me. I don't think I looked though! :) I know while I was pregnant with any of my children, I never looked at the scale when they weighed me, who wants to see that right! ..... Come to think of it, that's probably what 1/2 my problem has been. I have a scale in my bathroom, I just walk by it everyday and never give it a second look. I guess you can keep being in denial, keep your head in the sand if you never come face to face with the reality. Who really wants to know what they weigh, especially when they are over weight. So today, I am going to make myself get on the scale and look! Not to set a goal weight, but to know where I am starting from and to see how much I have lost in the end!

So on to day 2!
Breakfast today will be a dropped egg on wheat toast. My goal today is to exercises and drink lots of water!
Have a good day everyone!

I am in need of some healthier lunches and dinners ( dinners have to be good for a family of 8) say one have any good ones let me know. And I will surely try them and let you know!

One day down to a skinnier healthier me!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a great day! Have you looked at Weight Watchers online? I love their webite and their recipes. You don't have to pay for the "plan" but you can use their resources.
    -Stir Fry
    -Baked Chicken Fingers, rice, veggie
    -Spaghetti, salad
    -BBQ Chicken sandwiches, homemade french fries, veggie

    When I am really busy I reach for a Lean Pocket. It's not the healthiest but it's portion controlled and there is a lot of variety

    ReplyDelete